Two Factor Authentication - commonly known as 2FA, is an auto-generated verification code used to enhance your account security and safety. In addition to your account username and password, you will be required to input the auto-generated verification code prior to a successful login.
Steps to Add a Security Device to your itBit Account:
- Install either Google Authenticator, Authy or Duo Mobile on your smartphone.
- Logon to your itBit account.
- Navigate to "Settings" under the "Account" tab.
- Click "+Add Device" under Security Device and name your device.
- Do note that special characters, e.g. Apostrophe are not allowed.
- Use the authenticatior app on your phone to scan the QR code on your screen.
- Input the verification code generated below the QR code and click OK.
When you have successfully added a security device to your account, your withdrawal holding period will be reduced to 0 hours and your daily and monthly withdrawal limits to USD $30,000.00 and USD $600,000, respectively.